The First and Second of the Ten Commandments forbid worship of anyone or anything other than God (Exodus 20:2-5). ... Yet Jesus accepted worship and did not rebuke those who chose to kneel before Him and worship...
The question remains: How was Jesus God? If Jesus was God, then who was the Father He spoke of so often? How could Jesus and the Father both be God at the same time?
Where did Jesus come from? Was He created at some point? Did He come into existence when He was born of Mary? Was He an angel? Was He a spiritual essence or "thought" in the Father's mind prior to His human existence?...
"None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Corinthians 2:8, New Revised Standard Version).
- Jesus Christ: 'The Rock' of the Old Testament
- Jesus Christ's Disciples Understood Him to Be the Creator
- The Family of God
"But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets...He has thus fulfilled" (Acts 3:18).
- The Bible Prophesied the Exact Year the Messiah Would Appear
- Was Jesus Born on Dec. 25?
"And many of the people believed in Him, and said, 'When the Christ comes, will He do more signs than these which this Man has done?'" (John 7:31).
- Could Jesus Perform Miracles?
"This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses" (Acts 2:32).
- Roman Forms of Crucifixion
- When Was Jesus Christ Crucified and Resurrected?
- The Chronology of the Crucifixion and Resurrection
- Do Other Nonbiblical Sources Confirm Jesus Christ's Existence?
"Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" (Matthew 16:13).
- Was Jesus a Created Being?
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14).
- Jesus' Family Connections
- Did Jesus Have Long Hair?
"He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him" (John 1:11)
- What Do 'Messiah' and 'Jesus Christ' Mean?
"I must preach the kingdom of God...because for this purpose I have been sent" (Luke 4:43)
- Salvation Is Entrance Into the Kingdom of God
- Other Names for the Kingdom
"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).
- Other Important Ways Jesus Fulfilled the Law
- Christ's New Commandment
- Does the New Covenant Abolish the Commandments?
- Jesus Christ and the Festivals of the Bible
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:5-6, NIV).
"We speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began" (1 Corinthians 2:7, NIV).
- The Tearing of the Temple Veil
- Alive Again Today and Forever
"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" (John 10:10)
- 'Even So, Come, Lord Jesus!'